Tim Peters, D.J.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

9-11

I find it difficult to be serious about most things, but today is not one of them.  I remember vividly the events of 9-11 five years ago.  I believed that morning that this was the start of World War III, and it still may be.  Who knows how many attempts to bring WMD's into this country have been foiled.  After all, we really only find out about the terrorists activities after they have successfully killed innocent people.  I honestly don't know what any sane President would have or could have done better than what the present administration has done. 

I made fun of the whole presidential thing last week when the President decided to tie up rush hour traffic in Kansas City and make me late for work.  I was south of the Plaza and the station is on the east side.  I weaved through neighborhoods trying to get to work when I finally came upon the "home" where the fundraiser was being held.  This home literally sat on a square block of prime south Plaza property.  The fundraiser was for a candidate named Talent.  It was a $1000 a plate soiree.  Man was I pissed when I found out it wasn't even a buffet!  And drinks were probably extra!  Glad I didn't go.

This is what's really wrong with Washington DC.  It's not a Democrat or Republican thing, it is a filthy rich thing.  The people who are running this country haven't been poor since they were waiting for someone to die so they could inherit their vast fortunes.  Congress was meant to be a volunteer thing and should be again.  I cannot think of one congressman or woman who shouldn't be voted out of office.  Many should be dragged out into the country and shot, biblically speaking of course. 

I had really forgotten that the President was going to be in town.  When I came across street after street barricaded off, I thought that maybe God himself was in town.  I can't think of any human that deserves so much security.  I got as close as I could to where the motorcade would pass so I could wave at God and let him know I think about Him everyday and if he wouldn't mind, could he arrange a bonus or something to help with the bills this month?

Well, it wasn't God.  It was our tax money being wasted, again.  Why don't we just keep our tax money for ourselves and our families and make the government have garage sales?  Let me leave you with this thought today.  If the opposite of con is pro, what is the opposite of congress?  Let me know.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home