Tim Peters, D.J.

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

The Checks in the Mail...


I was reminded of a funny prank pulled by some of my former radio associates.  As I have mentioned in previous postings, we did a great deal of promotions and contests at KEYN.  One of the contests required some TV promotion, so we had to create the commercial.  This particular commercial required the use of a mailbox which was acquired at a local hardware store.  The taping went fine and the contest was again a huge success.  At the end of the contest it was determined that we no longer needed the mailbox, so Jim Long asked that it be sent to him in California, which it was.

It was my understanding that his new home in La Jolla was without a mailbox, so this one would become the radio station owner's new mailbox.  That's actually kinda funny in itself as it may have cost more to send it than to buy one in California.

Sometime after it was installed, several of Jim's employees were vacationing in southern California and decided to visit our old friend, the contest mailbox.  Apparently overcome with separation syndrome, they either destroyed it or stole it.  Either way, Jim was stuck with having to replace it again.

The punch line to this story is that everyone involved in this story has fired me at one point in my career, but none have ever touched my mailbox.  Strange but true.  For a job I will reveal the identities of all involved.  This employment tactic makes me feel desperate.  I think I'll just go have a couple panic attacks over the election.

That is all...Peters out!!!

1 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

tim - can you post more photos from the "never all dull moment" days of keyn?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home