Tim Peters, D.J.

Monday, December 15, 2008

The Exciting Conclusion...

After waiting a week for approval from his physical therapist we finally heard the news.  Lewis cannot have a motorized wheel chair.  I remember back in the eighties at KKRD in Wichita, we did a fundraiser at a Grandy's restaurant for a girl that had been in a car accident and left paralyzed.  They did not want her to have a motorized wheelchair so she would get excercise using her arms.  I would guess it is the same for Lewis.

Luckily, the man, George S. , who donated the motorized wheelchair also gave us a new manual chair which we presented to Lewis on Friday.  I would say that Lewis was speechless.  He didn't have much to say but I think he was grateful, but confused.  I haven't seen him since but I'm sure I will cross paths with him sometime this week.

Now, my mission is to find someone who needs this motorized chair.  I have talked to someone whose daughter is a paraplegic from a car accident and needs a chair.  I will let you know if this chair will suit her.  I would also like to thank Jim O. (I use initials to protect their privacy) for offering his help to help me help others.  I appreciate it.

On a sad note, I found out this morning that a friend of mine in radio has passed away.  His name was Steve Brown and anybody who has ever listened to Top Forty radio has a connection to this man.  This was the person who brought 24 hour a day Top Forty to the radio dial, making The Mighty 1290 KOIL the first fulltime Top Forty radio station in America.  I had the good fortune to work with him at KOIL in Omaha in 1979 and 1980, before moving to Wichita.

Steve Brown was 68 years young and a radio legend.  I will miss him.

That is all...Peters out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home