Tim Peters, D.J.

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Loose Ends...


The neat thing about having such a widely read blog are the responses I get from some of the people I write about.  I have to clear some things up and make some astonishing observations.

First.  Right after my last entry there was a buzz among the surviving members of the KEYN sales team who are now scattered all over the country as to which salespeople where using my home as an "Andy Griffith" refuge from the daily grinds of sales.  Also, H. Roger called and wanted to know your names also.  I didn't tell him about the time I joined the ENTIRE sales staff for an afternoon at the movies.  I believe the movie was National Lampoon's Vacation.  I tried to pull the old hairless mouse in the popcorn trick but ended up with the entire front of my white painter's pants soaked in urine colored butter flavoring.  Luckily I was able to tie my jacket around my waist to hide my embarrassment much like women who do the same to hide the size of their butt.

I also got a response to the blog from an old TV friend of mine named Kevin Nunn.  Kevin was the "color" man for channel 12 and was a huge personality in Wichita.  He frequently had me on Newstalk at Noon when an important guest would back out.  He was fun,  but not as fun as watching Mogie put on her lavalier mic under her clothing.  What memories.  Kevin was also with Stacy and I when Ashleigh was born.  Channel 12 got the exclusive on that.  Kevin, give me an email so we can touch base.

Finally, Stacy got her full knee replacement last Tuesday.  She did great and she came home Friday.  I guess I never realized what a whiner she is.  "give me some pain medicine, wha wha wha..."  You'd think she'd been through major joint replacement.  Brad Pistotnik called and wanted to know who to sue.

So, back to you former salespeople.  I haven't given Roger any names, yet.  What's it worth to you to stay anonymous?

That is all...Peters out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home