Tim Peters, D.J.

Monday, December 29, 2008

Redneck Christmas?

You be the judge.

Is Christmas over all ready?  I don't think I can take any more abuse and disappointment in one holiday season.  Let me ask the normal people this:  If your family Christmas get together ends with yelling, screaming, crying and hurt feelings all in the front yard of the home the "celebration" is taking place at, and all the while being witnessed by neighbors, is that necessarily a bad thing?  Luckily, all the heavily armed family members were glued to the tv.  A long three hour drive home.

Let me ask you this.  If you're getting ready fo the other half of the family Christmas get together three hours in the other direction, and you have a 70 degree day, followed by a thunderstorm that night with 80 mph winds, a deluge of heavy rain, downed  power lines, flash flooding and tornados, followed by freezing rain and snow, does it count as a white Christmas?  Then travel through it all to discover that your mother and sister voted for Obama.  I haven't been so surprised since I found out kissing didn't cause pregnancy.  I guess that throws the season of joy right out the window.

Finally, is it a bad thing to wear a mistletoe belt buckle to a family gathering?  Can't wait until next year!!!

That is all...Peters out!!


 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home