Tim Peters, D.J.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I'm losing you... I'm a Sprint customer...


This is month 7 of my continuing Sprint challenge.  After dropping yet another call while talking with Dan Holiday last night I did as I always do and dialed *2, waited for the computer to begin talking in my native tongue, which happens to be english.  When the computer asks what my problem is I say "dropped call" and it says ok.  But instead of telling me she'll credit my account one minute at the highest local rate she transfers me to a Sprint technical person who proceeds to tell me that my dropped call problem is in my phone.  I coyly ask "How does my phone know where I am so it can drop the call?"  He said that my phone knows that because it gets it's signal from the Sprint cell tower.  I replied, "That sounds like a tower problem not a phone problem."  He was obviously getting a little surly towards me.  He said I could not have anymore credits, I had used all mine up.  I exclaimed "That's GREAT!!!  That means Sprint won't be dropping anymore calls!"  He said he couldn't guarantee that and I said "I can't guarantee I'll pay my bill."  That was the end of that conversation.
 
So at noon today Stacy and I enter our favorite Sprint store to see all of our old friends.  We should have called ahead to have them bring their kids for us to see.  The nice guy who was helping us said they needed to test the phones and Sprint would deduct another hour from my life.  So we grabbed a lunch that lasted, an hour!!!  Back at the store I'm informed my phone failed all of the tests (suddenly I started reliving high school where I failed many tests).  He said that I would need to give him $35 so they could fix my dropped call problem with a new phone.  I asked inquiringly," How does this happen?"  He replied in kind, "Your phone had been exposed to moisture."  I said "it's never been in water", to which he replied that if I sweat while carrying it in my pocket that would cause the moisture.  So it appears that if I want good Sprint service I'll need to move to a drier climate.  I wonder if Sprint has service in Death Valley?
 
To make a long story far shorter than my time with Sprint today, I had to play the "I know the manager" card.  I called the manager Michael over,  refreshed his memory from last month's visit.  (gotta be careful about Michael, he's like a hundred degree blackbelt in kicking unruly customers butts out into busy traffic.)  I didn't pay the $35, got a new phone and the monthly ordeal at the Sprint store ended at 5:30 this evening.  Let me ask you one question...Have you ever wanted to kick someone's ass so hard that they would then have to fart through their ears? 

You'll want to check back next month, same time same blog.  I think if we spend two hours a month in the Sprint store for twelve months in a row we get a free toaster.  Booya!
 
oooopppps....I'm losing you..we..dd....rv..cd...d...d.e.s.s...s.x.x. beep beep beep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home