Tim Peters, D.J.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Hi Ho its off to court we go...

Well, here we go.  Bradyn and I get to go before a judge tomorrow to defend his speeding/muffler/seatbelt ticket. 

When Bradyn called on the second day of school and told me he got a speeding ticket I said "I told you so!".  But then he told me the situation where the motorcycle officer was less than a city block from where he turned onto the street and claims he clocked him at 51 mph.  Then I said, not possible.  I went out and measured the distance and then tested it myself in a very well running suv with a V-8.  There is no way that Bradyn's little 4 cylinder car got to 51 mph before the officer got him on radar.  This would have to be SUPERCOP!  He would have had to turn around after he said he heard Bradyn coming, point and lock the radar, prevent the radar signal from setting off Bradyn's radar detector, put the radar away in his saddlebag thing, start the motorcycle and be moving towards the street by the time Bradyn passed him.  All of this in 450 feet and in less than 5 seconds.  You do the math.  It's just not possible.

Bradyn has passed this officer running radar on a different day and amazingly enough his radar set off the radar detector.  This just hit a little close to home for me.  I got a similar ticket one day after high school on my motorcyle for a "defective" muffler.  I beat the charge because it was just some officers giving some high school kids some crap.  It didn't hurt that I had my cousin's husband, an aspiring young attorney and future District Court Judge defend me.

So, Bradyn and I will go to the Shawnee courthouse to do battle.  I'll let you know how it goes, unless we use our phone call to call a bail bondsman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home