Tim Peters, D.J.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Things that make you go Hmmmmm....

I have to wonder if the world would be a different place if Iraq's main export was playground equipment.  Would we still be fighting a war there?  Afterall, there are places in America where there are shortages of playground equipment.  I also wonder what you would call a fly if he had no wings?  A "walk" maybe?  When vultures fly, are they allowed carry on luggage?  When you see a snake do you wonder where he's from?  I wonder about the guy who has everything.  I don't have close to everything and I have huge storage problems.  I'm still looking for the any key on my computer.  I have a bunch of stuff that I can't finish without it.

Seriously, my mind is wandering because I just found out about our new owner's health insurance program.  Our monthly rates have now tripled.  The people that had heart attacks when they heard the new rates won't get to participate in the plan. This, I believe is the first of many stark realizations about the new owners.  I doubt that assistants will not get to have their own assistants anymore.  I think there will be managers who will have to tell the new owners exactly what it is they do all day, and justify it.  Or at least have their asistants tell them.  I believe that multitasking is going to take on a whole new meaning for a lot of people.

Everybody thought we had it bad when CBS owned the station because they wouldn't give us enough promotion money.  The new company probably won't give us much promotion money or salary money.  I'm going to start bringing my own toilet paper to work just in case there's no budget for that  Welcome to the world of investment companies.  Their only investment is in themselves apparently. 

I went to the bookstore and asked the lady where the self help section was and she said, "Doesn't that defeat the purpose?"  I feel like I'm  moving at the speed of dark!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home