Tim Peters, D.J.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Livin' on a prayer...Bon Jovi

As I was rifling through the couch for some change so if I got thirsty at work tonight I could buy a 50 cent soda pop,  I got to thinking how nice would it be to not be living paycheck to paycheck.  It would be nice to not have to order in a restaurant from the right side of the menu.  You know, the side with the prices.  The kids could have one of those 2 dollar soda pops and their own meal!  I could actually fill up the car and know how much of a status symbol it really is to actually have a full tank.  I could stop shutting off the car at stop lights and at the top of big hills to coast to save gas.  By the way, don't turn the key all the way off when coasting or your steering wheel locks!  Found out about that the hard way. 

I could actually get the old truck up and running.  The cops that stop me every other night on my way home from the station wouldn't laugh at the bald tires, no ball joints, running on 5 cylinders covered with bird crap F-150 with 185,000 miles on it.  I carry jumper cables and two tow straps not for other motorists, but to make sure the cops can pull me off to the shoulder.  Honestly, I think I get out of more tickets because they feel so bad for me. 

It would be great to not have to make extra cash parting out cars in my front yard.  I know my neighbors would probably pay to get that to stop.  We could probably stop taking plastic WalMart bags to the buffet for take home food.  Don't try to tell me you've never done that!  It's just that wealthy people bring tupperware!

Living paycheck to paycheck isn't all it's cracked up to be.  I better get going, we're going out for dinner tonight.  We're going to that 24 hour place where the kids can share some bean nachos and me and the little woman get the oatmeal for two.  Then it's off to Costco for free desert samples. Bon Apetit!

1 Comments:

At 11:23 PM, Blogger Carleigh said...

haha you are HILARIOUS!! but really...it is sad. you deserve more than oatmeal...and i would really like to know what soda tastes like :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home