Tim Peters, D.J.

Friday, January 26, 2007

A Blast from the Past...

It's funny when you're unemployed how many things fall by the wayside.  Like, personal hygiene, a pleasant demeanor, contact with friends, the will to live, etc.  I, however, take pride in my independence and I can prove the personal hygiene thing is wrong because of a simple matter of timing.

I was relaxing in a nice, hot jacuuzi this morning, well, afternoon when my cell phone begins farting.  It farts because the kids thought it would be funny to have a farting phone, and I don't disagree with them.  Anyway, on the other end is what sounds like a telemarketer originating from somewhere around India.  I was half right.  The call was from around India but it was no telemarketer, it was Manish!  My fuzzy little foreign friend from Nepal.

Manish was with the stations in Lincoln on a work visa, going to school and being an accountant.  A brilliant man who has done well since.  The last I heard he was working for the former owner of the radio stations in Scottsdale Arizona.  He was calling me today from Dhaka Pakistan.  I love hearing from old friends.

Being from Nepal, Manish had always promised to climb Mt. Everest with me.  Don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon.  My excuse will be the $20 grand it costs to get the permit.  Forget the fact that only half my heart is working on a fulltime basis.  Kinda like me.

We had quite a group of friends there at Radio One in Lincoln.  There was Pete, who is now in Dallas, Chris who at last check was in Florida, Todd who is now in Omaha according to Manish, and the other Tim who works in Omaha but lives on his posh estate outside of Lincoln.  Some of the funnest times ever.

I'll have to tell you the story sometime about Manish and McDonalds if he'll allow me.  Until then...

That is all...Peters out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home