Tim Peters, D.J.

Friday, January 05, 2007

3 hour wait...

...from this point! I just got back from the Disneyland of unemployment offices. Only when you get to the front of the line, there is no ride. No teacups, no flying Dumbo, no it's a small small world, just a computer terminal. A computer terminal which I have to sit at and have it make me look even more stupid!

What kind of profession are you looking to get into? Radio professional! They actually had a listing for that. The guy asks how long have you been doing this type of work. As a joke I said "on and off for 30 years". He didn't laugh, but the punk at the next computer got a pretty good laugh. So I ask, "Think that's funny? How long you been cookin' french fries?" He replied, "Haven't since I graduated from Harvard." That made me feel alot better. Not only was I above him on the social scale, Disc Jockey beats lawyer(kind of like rock, hammer, scissors) but I didn't have to pay all that money to be unemployed. My last lawyer is in prison and thats the truth!

I just want to sit back, collect my unemployment and wait for that dream job to come in. Then when that doesn't happen, I may reconsider my direction. I did look into "phone actor", but you apparently you don't actually act and you only talk to guys. I guess it's more like phone pretender. I have looked into Dominos Pizza delivery. I heard the tips were great! Plus I have experience in that area.

Now I'm depressed! I think I'll put on my walkman with the Naked Eyes cd and walk out to the mail slot and see if my check is here yet. There's always something...yadda yadda yadda...

That is all! Peters out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home