Tim Peters, D.J.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I'm dreaming ...

way too much!  I have been having the wierdest dreams lately.  Probably brought on by the chest cold I'm suffering through.  A couple of nights ago I was helping David Caruso out on a CSI Miami case where this guy was turning everyone into claymation figures with a drug from the tip of his finger.  People would go to the claymation "high" then turn back into people.  I wasn't much help for the CSI folks either.  I thought the stacks of poker chips in the street were significant, but they weren't.

One time back in Wichita,  I had a very vivid dream and went to work the next morning absolutely exhausted.  I had spent the night being chased by a giant head of cauliflower.  I ran and ran and ran all night.  People still remember me talking about that on the air some 20 years ago. 

I have more than my share of the "good" dreams.  When I was recovering from open heart surgery they had me on a pain killer for my back.  (My back was really the only pain I had through the whole thing)  This pain kinller would put me to sleep almost immediately and I apparently would immediately start to dream and acting out the dream.  I would wake up and everyone would be laughing at me as I sat there and petted a dog that wasn't there.  I remember dreaming that someone was flicking me in the nose with a car antenna and of course I was swatting my nose in my sleep.  Others included, someone rolling me up in carpet, giant mosquitoes, laughing out loud in my sleep and a bunch more.  Stacy will have to fill in the blanks as I was higher than Rush Limbaugh during that time.

Dreams are good.  In the months after my surgery I visited every dead person from my past.  It was wonderful.  I don't know why I was visiting everyone, but it was the most peaceful journey I've ever taken in my dreams. 

Here is where I'd like to say I'm living my dream, but with all the bad things that we've been through in the last 4 years, if this is living the dream, I'll take my chances with the cauliflower!

That is all...Peters out!

2 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Blogger ashleigh said...

I remember that! Through the really stressful time, I remember feeling better when you would wake up laughing hysterically. I remember sitting there watching you, waiting for you to have a dream... and I remember the carpet one.. your feet were kicking all over... and you were laughing.. oh my, that was so funny!! I love you dad!!!

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Carleigh said...

haha oh mom...i would totally help! :)

Dad, what about the one where the wolves were under a semi-truck (or something), and they had stolen your slippers and you were trying to get them back. that was HILARIOUS! you were like, pawing at the wolves, but they kept snapping at you, so you couldn't get your stupid slippers. poor daddy and his cold feet :( haha good times!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home