Tim Peters, D.J.

Friday, June 01, 2007

Up All Night Studying....

This is the day I have been waiting for.  Today, I get to go through my annual stress test.  Here's the basic concept.  The doctors put me on a treadmill and try to kill me to see how healthy my heart is.  Maybe it's not that bad but it really isn't that fun.  I'd much rather be skinny dipping in the muddy waters of Cheney Lake.  It's best to do it when the water's cold so you have an excuse, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, at 1:30 today they'll be hooking me up to about a hundred electrodes for the EKG part of the test.  When the test is over I look like I'm molting.  I get to walk on the treadmill until my heart rate reaches 140 or more, then I get a shot or something and get to lay motionless in a giant medical tube.  For those of you who know me, know that laying motionless is not a big problem for me.

I go through all of this to see if my heart is working or if I should just walk off the top of a buildning first chance I get.  Before my surgery my ejection fraction was 20%.  (Normal is 65%)  My last stress test I was at 40-45% which they consider pretty good for a guy with re-plumbing issues.  I'll let you know how it went on Monday.  If I don't write Monday, start looking for me at the base of tall buildings.

That is all...Peters out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home