Tim Peters, D.J.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

The Saga Continues...

So, now we live in Kansas City, the whole family except for Ashleigh, who is finishing high school in Lincoln.  Stacy's job is going well, the kids are enrolled in school at Shawnee Mission Northwest and I need to find a job.  I get in at KFKF as a part timer in February working about 10 hurs a week and continuing to look for real work.  This is when you discover just how limited your talents are.  After a couple of months, the Program Director offers me an airshift that pays as well as my first job in Wichita some twenty years earlier.  We are finally doing pretty well.

In May I started having really bad cases of indigestion, or so I thought at the time.  The pain was pretty intense like a hot ice pick going through my right shulder into my shoulder blade.  It felt just like the morning after one of Mr. X's chili parties.  I would alsways take an aspirin and lay down and it would eventually go away.  This was happening about once a week.  I also noticed that my left ankle was swollen most of the time.  I blew it off as a side effect from quitting smoking and gaining a few extra pounds.

Stacy had a meeting in Denver in October, so we decided to go out a few days early and spend some time in Breckenridge before her meeting.  I was having trouble getting enough oxygen at that elevation, so never missing an opportunity Stacy took me higher to the Great Divide where air is even thinner.  I survived.  Later that evening we strolled down the street to have dinner.  On the way back to the condo, I had my indigestion and ended up actually getting physically sick.  The next day I took Stacy to her meeting in east Denver and then I drove the 8 hour drive back to Kansas City.

I had a doctor's appointment scheduled for right after the first of the year so maybe I could get this indigestion thing under control...and that was when life started to get interesting.  By now I have had as many as thirteen of my indigestion attacks. 

That is all....for now...Peters out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home