Tim Peters, D.J.

Friday, April 27, 2007

And Now by Request....

Since I have been back on the radio in Wichita,  I've had many folks call in and ask where I've been since I left Wichita in 1992 and what I've been doing.  I't such a long and interesting story that I may have to break it up into paragraphs.

We left Wichita in June of 1992 and moved to Lincoln to be closer to my ailing father.  He passed away in February 1994.  I worked for the same man that originally hired me to come to Wichita in 1981, H. Roger Dodson.  I worked in sales and was on the air making for 13 hour days.  I worked my way up to National Sales Manager, not because I was good at it, but apparently because the facial expressions I made during sales training meetings made the boss feel "icky" and "stupid".  I got my own office and never had to attend another sales meeting!

Since radio doesn't really offer retirement programs,  we decided to open a restaurant.  We opened our first in 1995 and it was wildly successful.  So successful that I was invited to speak at three different conventions, was nominated three time for Franchise of the Year, won regional Franchise of the Year and the National Community Service award.  I left radio in 1998 and we opened a second  location in 2000. 

Stacy began working for The Yankee Candle Company and after just a year reached executive status that required her to move to Kansas City.  We closed the restaurants and moved the family to Kansas City in January of 2004.  Afterall, she followed me to Lincoln, it was only right to follow her to Kansas City.  Plus I didn't have much going on at the time anyway. I went to work for KFKF radio, a country radio station.  My friend Dan Holiday was doing afternoons.  Not a great job, but it kept me off the streets and out of the bars.  Ashleigh stayed behind in Lincoln to finish her last semester of high school.  We enrolled Carleigh and Bradyn at Shawnee Mission Northwest or as we called it "Shawnee Mission Redneck".  This is when life began to get interesting.

I don't want to overload anyone with all this entertaining information at one sitting, so tune into chapter two coming very soon.

That is all...Peters out!


 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home