Tim Peters, D.J.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

It's a Wacky World....

It has been a crazy couple of weeks hasn't it?  I have been foaming at the mouth over the Don Imus thing for two weeks.  I think the Rev. Al Sharpton and the not quite as Reverend Jesse Jackson have personally set back civil rights at least two decades.  I wonder if they realize how they have brought the double standard that we used to just live with to the forefront. 

Then yesterdays Virginia Tech massacre.  Unbelievable!  Now the cry will be for gun control.  Oops, too late.  Stricter immigration laws.  Oops, too late.  More security.  Too late again.  Can anyone just grasp the concept that every now and then some deranged crazy person is going to reach the breaking point and kill people.  American society can't be changed.  We've spent the last 230 years or so making it the corrupt mess it is today.

I did have a break from all the crap when I went to dinner with some old friends here in Wichita.  Jeff and Krista started out as listeners when I first worked at KEYN in the early eighties.  They of course participated in all the fun we had on the radio over the years.  We kept in loose contact over the years.  Krista's enthusiasm helped me make the decision to come back to Wichita radio.  I should run a contest to let listeners buy me dinner and entertain me for the evening.  I think that would be a great contest!  The listeners would love it too I'm sure.

Krista even remembered the Valentine's Day that Stacy made me a heart shaped meatloaf for dinner.  She scolded me for having fun with it on the air.  I never got another one, that's for sure.  I forgot to mention in my own defense that I still let Stacy control the thermostat.  I also didn't mention that Stacy gets cold in the winter and hot in the summer now.  You know, like normal people.

I've got to get going.  I have a show to do and a kidney shaped omelet to eat.  Thanks Stacy!

That is all!  Peters out!

1 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Blogger Carleigh said...

daaaaaad...how bout some sensitivity for the horrible event that took place at virginia tech. those people are going through some really tough times right now. :(

I miss you and i love you :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home