Tim Peters, D.J.

Friday, September 15, 2006

Don't Worry, Be Happy

I think it's about time for the little woman to get back to work, before she works me to death.  Thursday, she gets a wild hair and decides she's going to start walking with me.(I am supposed to walk 5 times a week to keep whats left of my heart pumping)  So we do the walk and then she tricks me into cutting down some "branches" that were growing through the back fence.  After pruning a few branches I was sent to get the chainsaw.  By lunchtime two trees had disappeared.  So I think it's time for some lunch and a little afternoon relaxation.  Well, I was half right.

I had completely forgotten that the sprinkler sysytem needed repair.  When they installed the fence last January they hit a line in section six of the sprinkler pattern.  I don't mean to get technical but it just felt right.  Anyway, we dig up the offending sprinkler area and identify the problem pvc pipe.  We will need to visit Home Depot.

My body was idle long enough on the ride to Home Depot that I stiffened up like a dead carp on a hot sidewalk.  Plus it was time for me to go to work so Stacy could stay home and relax and get caught up on Grey's Anatomy before the new season begins.  It's a bad sign when you have to go to work to get some rest.

So this morning Stacy wakes me up at the crack of ten and wants to go walking.  I felt I could delay her by feigning unbearable body stiffness.  I finally roll out of the sack and by God, I am once again stiff and sore.  Kind of like Henry Fonda in "On Golden Pond",  except I'm not 90, don't live in a paradise on a lake and don't have a boat.  I get up and yell out her name, repeatedly, all over the house.  She went walking without me and am I gonna get hammered when she gets back, so I do what any man into self preservation would do...I got to work on getting that sprinkler fixed.

Well, the sprinkler got fixed but gotta let the glue and connections dry before we test it.  So I'm thinkin', a little luch and some afternoon rest and relaxation.  Once again, I was mistaken.  The middle daughter's car is leaking antifreeze and overheating, so it's off to the driveway...

After removing the coolant reservoir (am I getting too technical for you?), unhooking the battery and removing it.  I laid under the car while Stacy poured water into a hose and all over my face.  We found the leak and did a J.B. Weld job on it.  One more blob of J.B.'s tomorrow and we should be good to go.  So then I help the number one son put his car up on a new set of 10 dollar jack stands as he is trying to replace a cv boot.  Don't even ask!

So, now it's time for 'ol Tim to head off to work and everyone else can settle in for an evening of Grey's Anatomy reruns.  No real moral to this story but I will leave you with the reason I work my ass of for my wife.  IF MAMA AIN'T HAPPY, AIN'T NO ONE HAPPY!!!!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home