Tim Peters, D.J.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Deja Vu to you too...

I was invited to share my memories on an old friends final radio show in Wichita Wednesday morning. First of all, 7:30 is a bit early for people to be up and doing things. Why can't they do their morning show say, right after lunch. That way I've had time to be up for 15 or 20 minutes and be alert.

Ron Eric Taylor is moving to Louisville KY, (pronounced Loo-uh-vil) to rejoin his wife Kitty. He has been on the air in Wichita for over 20 years. Now, here's something else I didn't know. Radio stations let you stay in their employ for that long? This is all starting to make sense to me now.

Ron Eric was my second Program Director after I moved to Wichita. The first one quit to move back to Colorado to sell drugs or something. Anyway, Ron Eric and I didn't hit it off. One day he sat me down and basically told me that if I couldn't play nice with him that I would be like Columbus, history! I thought about it, determined I was being an ass and told him I was on his team. I just decided that he was doing a pretty good job and I was being an ass. Shortly after that, KEYN and the morning show shot to #1 and we never looked back. We have been friends ever since.

RET and I have decided to be self unemployed together. Good thing we have successful wives. I just found out my successful wife has filled out an application for me to work at Taco Bell. She is so proactive.

That is all! Peters out!

1 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Blogger Mr.X said...

Taco Bell may actually be an improvement from the dog eat dog radio game business... Or should I say the "dog eat poop..." radio business? (Since all the radio stations are buying and selling each other.)

Consider it a another step up on the rungs of the ladder to success! Think of it. Starting out as taco maker, chief taco maker, then master chief taco maker. Keep up that pace and you could actually be a store manager in a few weeks!

With all the corporations buying other corps, massive layoffs, and "consolidations" you may have some competition for that job at taco bell. Maybe you should branch out and be a "burger flipper" at some local joints? Might as well jump in now and avoid the rush...

Best of luck to you my old friend! Oh, yeah, do you have room for me on the dish washing station at Taco Bell?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home