Tim Peters, D.J.

Friday, September 21, 2007

Long Arm of the Law...

As I was driving home the other day,  I was on the 40mph stretch of West 21st street, minding my own business when a sheriff's deputy began following me.  As I have not had time to license my car since it was purchased in June and the plates are still registered to a 1992 Chrysler Fifth Avenue, It just seemed normal that I should start sweating profusely.  I decided to turn into the YMCA parking lot and so did he with lights a flashin'.  My sweatfeat was not going to be in vain.

The Deputy approached my side of the car asking as he got to the window if I was the owner of the car.  To which I instinctively replied, "Why yes!".  He then asked what car the license plate belonged to, to which I said it belonged to a Chrysler Fifth Avenue I no longer had but I would be transferring this car to that plate.  He then asked when I had acquired the car I was driving.  I replied"....uh, June?".  He raised his voice and exclaimed "You only have 30 sdays to license the car!!!".  To which I explained that I worked in Wichita and lived in Kansas City and the DMV was closed by the time I got there on Friday afternoons.  He seemed somewhat satisfied with that excuse.

He asked for my driver's license and proof of insurance and I complied, fearing I might get tasered if I caused any problems.  I was thinking to myself, "Don't tase me bro, don't tase me bro".  The deputy grew silent and alternated glances at my license and me.  He then asked, "Are you the Tim Peters on the radio?"  He could probably hear the air escaping out of my lungs when I replied, "Why, yes I am!"  To which the deputy exclaimed, "DUDE!!!  I love your station!  It's my favorite!!!"  We were now friends.

It turns out that the deputy is Stacy's nephew's best friend and likes fishing down on Grampa Jacks farm.  I was glad that we both benefitted from the chance encounter.  I didn't get a ticket and he didn't lose his permission to fish at Grampa Jack's lake.  Life is good once again!

That is all...Peters out!




 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home