Tim Peters, D.J.

Thursday, November 08, 2007

It's Chilly in Hell....

I was just exchanging e mails with an old "liberal hippie" friend of mine as we compared notes about our current times.  I had forwarded a thing I got in my e mail and he wrote back to ask me not to send stuff like that to him.  He expressed his disatisfaction with the current administration and I really couldn't disagree with him, despite being a proud conservative.

I was talking on the air this morning about the state of the country after our traffic guy mentioned that gas prices were now at $3.09 a gallon, up 30 cents this week.  I mentioned that oil was nearly at $100 an barrel and that gas prices are expected to be $4 a gallon by spring.  Not to mention that 400,000 people a month are losing their homes to foreclosure,  the national debt has reached $9 trillion dollars and The Eagles have a song at #20 on the country charts! 

How does anyone in our government expect us to afford this?  They just don't get it!  Many of us cannot tolerate any more bad news.  Do we drive to work or buy groceries?  Do we pay for our kids education or make the house payment?  Something has got to give!!!

Now, imagine being a Nebraska fan on top of all of this, then having the Cornhuskers lose by their largest margin ever...and to KU on top of that.  Hell, truly has, froze.  Keep us away from sharp objects.

That is all...Peters out!!!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home