Tim Peters, D.J.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Amway is the only way...

I think I have had a total and complete mental block for about two weeks.  I have started to write several times but I just can't find inspiration.  Despite the plethora of wacky people in my midst, nothing comes to mind.  I mean, I have radio people around me 5 days a week and I am drawing a blank.  Have you ever known a real radio person?  DJ's in general, are strange rangers.

There used to be a guy here in Wichita that would cut out the "danger areas" of girls who appeared in Hustler magazine and decoupage them on his coffee table.  It had to look like a page out of "Field and Stream" magazine.  I heard that Ted Nugent tried to shoot it with his bow and arrow once.  Can you imagine trying to eat your cereal on that table?  How do you explain it to guests?  "Can I get you another napkin Pastor?"

Then there was also a guy here in Wichita, a very popular DJ on a station I worked at in the mid eighties.  I eventually hired him on Q 106.5.  (Wichitans won't recognize that station as no one ever listened to it, by the droves)  Anyway, I always swore this guy wore mascara.  Turns out I was right as he is now referred to as Stacy instead of George.  He actually went through the Lorena Bobbit surgery, grew lady lumps and now sits down to you know what.  I think he's still married.  The kids have all left the nest.  I think they may have jumped to their deaths. Does that make his wife a lesbian, or does she get a pass on that one?  I personally thought he had beautiful eyes.

So, your kid just told you he's gay or she's a lesbian.  Maybe you just found out your kid is a serial killer.  Did your kid just come to you and say he wants to sell insurance when he gets older?  Let me tell you, it could be worse.  Get your kids moving in the right direction early and maybe, if you're lucky, they will never come to you and say, "Mom, Dad, I'm a Disc Jockey"!

That is all...Peters out!!!



 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home