Tim Peters, D.J.

Friday, November 16, 2007

Look Out Sara Lee...

I have made an executive decision...we are going to start having bake sales outside the 92.3 studios to raise promotional money for the radio station.  Now what I need is people to donate cookies, cupcakes, cakes, pies and beer.  Beer because we need something to quench our thirst while we're watching the children who volunteer for the twelve hour shifts to sell our baked goods..

When your radio station is at the bottom of the priority list, sometimes drastic measures need to be taken.  I've thought about setting up people to ring bells in front of grocery stores with red kettles to collect promotion money, but someone said there is already someone doing that.  Then it occurred to me to send young girls door to door to sell delicious cookies, but once again I was told it's being done.

Then I thought, girls in bikinis in a parking lot washing cars.  I was told it would only take one case of hypothermia to put us out of business.  Then I thought, I'll make up a big book of coupons and give away fast food from local restaurants.  I was told you have to have their permission to do that.  Geez, what's left?

So, get ready for the "Classic Country 92.3 bakes sale to raise money to promote the station so the owners can make money because they didn't want to invest any until it was successful but it  never will be without some promotion." 

NASA should try this!

That is all...Peters out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home