Tim Peters, D.J.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Partheimers.....

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to personally reply to comments left on this blog, so I will leave one for all.  I know when someone is "laid off" or is it "layed off", that it can feel awkward for fellow employees trying to think of something to say.  Of course, listeners hardly ever have a problem telling you how they feel about something.  LOL  I have heard from some former workmates both on the phone and via email.  I truly do think very highly of the folks I worked with for the past 9 months.  I never really felt like part of the mix though as I was commuting back to Kansas City on the weekends if there was nothing happening with the stations.

There really are some truly talented people working there.  Unfortunately, radio isn't about talent anymore.  It's kind of scary to use this comparison, but its like NASA.  Imagine jetting off into space in an aircraft that was built by the lowest bidder.  Its all about money, and that's not a bad thing until the money becomes more important than the humans. 

It would be terrible for one of the managers to lose their Mercedes for God sake.  I've owned two Mercedes and neither one was more precious than any of my friends or co-workers.  It's just where corporate America is headed.  So to Colby, Bekki, Bryce, Phil, Jan, Barry, Steve, Hank, Rick, Mike, Manny, Kurt, Dugg, Johnny, Ben, Harold, Mike, Dane, Tony, Carol, and anyone else I may have missed accidently, you have my admiration and appreciation as true professionals. 

By the way, I saved over $100 in gas this week. Woo Hoo!

That is all...Peters out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home