Tim Peters, D.J.

Friday, February 08, 2008

Three Years Ago Today....

I can't hardly believe it!  Three years ago, at this very minute, I laid dying in the ICU at Shawnee Mission Medical Center.  Earlier in the day Dr. Castlemain had performed triple bypass surgery on me when just a month earlier he had sent me home because he believed the bottom part of my heart had ceased functioning altogether.  Well, my heart proved him wrong!

I was scolding my mother on the phone a little while ago for going out and shovelling snow in her driveway, without a coat and without her cell phone in case she became frozen and needed to call for some de-icer.  Apparently, my sister had caught her shovelling and called me to call mom to scold her.  My sister then went out into mom's driveway and slipped and boinked her head pretty good.  Luckily, there was enough alcohol in her system to keep her from freezing and to act as an anesthetic.  That's what she told me at least.

During my good hearted scolding, my mom reminded me of something that had either slipped my mind or I had never realized,  that on that day, February 8, 2005,  the day I went to the hospital for surgery, my father went to the hospital, almost to the minute, 11 years earlier.  We buried my dad on Valentine's day that year, I got a second chance.  I miss him...we all miss him, very much.

That is all...Peters out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home