Tim Peters, D.J.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Rock Bottom...at our service.,..

I didn't add any new material last Friday as I was knee deep in a job interview.  I had given up on sending neat, impressive looking resumes.  After all, I had just been turned down as a shuttle driver for the Marriott because I wasn't qualified.  So I come across an ad for a delivery driver.  I send a somewhat sarcastic e mail in reply that says my resume has nothing to do with this position but if you want an honest, dependable and reliable employee that doesn't drink or do drugs or smoke, give me a call.  So, they called last Thursday, I got hired over the phone and went out Friday to fill out paperwork.  You are reading the blog of ASAP Land Express' newest "Part time, on call delivery driver." 

I got called the first time yesterday afternoon to make my first run.  I was to deliver a case of roast beef to a Panera in Independence and three cases of frozen cinnamon rolls to Panera in Columbia.  I also had to pick up a package at air express at the airport and take it back to the warehouse before I headed out.  My very first delivery was pig sperm!  It helped me to realize that being a part time on call delivery driver probably wasn't the worst job in the world.  It was the third worst.  My guess the last two are a tie.  The worst job in the world was either the pig prostate tickler or the pig sperm delivery receiver.

I just did the delivery and hoped that Panera customers wouldn't think their cinnamon rolls had kind a a wang to them.  By the way, I am thinking of changing my name to "Rock Bottom".

That is all...Peters out!



 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home