Tim Peters, D.J.

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Week 7....

Well, here I am in the 7th week of unemployment.  Radio had a poor fiscal fourth quarter yet I have yet to see a single sales man/woman or manager out of work because of it.  Right now I only have one opportunity out there.  He has left me completely in the dark as to what's going on with the jobs he has.  I guess I'll just continue to brew up stomach acid while he sits in his office and laughs.

Since there are no obvious openings in radio in Kansas City, I have put my shingle out to do dances.  I have a pretty good system I bought for Ashleigh's wedding and I've purchased a lighting system that's pretty cool and i have almost 50,000 songs to play, what the hell.  I've all ready booked April 12th.  This guy is making the arrangements for his boss's son's wedding.  His e mail sounded like one of those money transfer offers I get about once a day.  Broken English is nothing to sneeze at.  Watch the news on April 13th to see if a well dressed man's body was discovered in Overland Park somewhere.  Wouldn't surprise me a bit the way my luck is running.

I am having a poor fiscal first quarter and I have no one to fire!

I'm really looking forward to getting back to work.  Unfortunately, there are about two million other radio guys doing the same thing.  I wonder if they've gotten tired of the flavor of gun metal yet?

That is all...Peters out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home