Tim Peters, D.J.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Hi ho, Hi ho....


It's been officially announced that I am returning to Wichita radio.  I am going to work for Journal Broadcast Group at KFTI-FM...the last place station in Wichita.  I think there may be a kid who operates a pirate station out of his basement in Haysville that may have fewer listeners.  But I heard he may have gotten an upgrade to more power at Radio Shack.  It's not a  bad thing to be in last place, at least at the begining.  It's a bad thing to be in last place after years of trying not to be in last place.

I've had some people call and write saying they were surprised.  The most popular response they have gotten is "Really?"  I'm trying to figure out if that's a positive response or negative.  It's kind of like when people say you're funny.  Is that "ha ha" funny or "ha ha this guy makes me nervous" funny. 

I think what I'm looking forward to the most is defending my six gold medals in the River Festival Celebrity Canoe Race.  I won that deal six times!!!  The last time I competed was with Paige Turner as my partner. If you're in Kansas City you'll know her as the morning news girl on 710 KCMO.  We ended up in the river swimming.  I think the lack of training and over confidence on my part was the reason the winning streak came to an end.

My "future Program Director" is a gal named Beverlee Brannigan.  Quoting her, she says she is "the best future PD I've ever had".  I can't disagree with that.  It is so obvious that I will have to be a total suck up to keep this job.  That's not a bad thing is it?  It's worked for a lot of untalented or questionably talented people. 

Anyway, I am looking forward to reconnecting with the now silver haired crowd that may remember me and those whose parents sat them down and relayed the Tim Peters saga to them every night at bedtime to keep the tale alive through the generations.  I guess I'm kinda like Davy Crockett, with out the furry hat and the canoe that is half underwater.

That is all...Peters out!

2 Comments:

At 9:51 PM, Blogger Phil said...

Congrats!

Whatever, you know you have the same damn Davey Crocket hat.

btw, if you'd like to see me dressed as a giant frog possibly looking like i'm "manipulating" myself follow this link. lol

http://www.wpsdtv.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=1024@wpsd.dayport.com&navCatId=25

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger kansasoliver said...

True, Tim, 92.3 probably had more listeners when it was beautiful music, but I'm sure you're making a difference. If I was still in KS I'd listen but I'm in TX now. Tell Bryce hi from Bill and he'll fill you in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home