Tim Peters, D.J.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Bigger is not Better...

It's just my luck!  As I am getting ready to start at KFTI I have an allergic reaction to some new medication the doctor decided I needed.  This has happened once before so it wasn't a huge surprise, but it is a little wierd and a little bothersome. 

The prescription was for an ace inhibitor.  I had taken one before and had this reaction to it, so I really am not surprised it happened again.  The problem is, is that when I take this ace inhibitor, my uvula swells to three times it's normal size, and stays that way for days.  Now, alot of guys are thinking, "That can't be all bad".  But let me tell you that a swolen uvula is not a status symbol.  I have been surpirsed that a uvula as big as mine would drive my wife nuts, but she just isn't impressed at all. 

I'm also kind of surprised that I haven't had any cramping with it being this swolen for three days without a break.  I have learned to just work my activities around it.  I try not to go out in public so as not to scare little children and cause parents to have to explain my condition to children who may not be old enough to understand such things.  I really haven't noticed people staring though.  Sometimes, something like this can be just the reason some people need to stare at "Mr. Huge Uvula"!

Although it may sound funny, but I really want the swelling to go down so I can get on with my day to day activities.  The swelling makes some  sleeping positions somewhat uncorfortable as you can probably imagine.  Some guys have commented to me that they wish they could get their uvula to swell up, at least for a couple of hours.  But I tell them, a swolen uvula may sound exotic and exciting, it is no laughing matter.  The first time it happened to me I had to go to the hospital and have it treated.  That was more than a little embarrassing.

So, if one day you wake up and your uvula is swolen to gargantuan proportions, don't panic.  The swelling will eventually go down on it's own.  If the swelling lasts for more than four hours, you should seek medical treatment.  A swolen uvula is very hard to swallow!

That is all...Peters out!



 

1 Comments:

At 6:48 PM, Blogger Carleigh said...

HAHAHA dad you are hilarious! your poor poor uvula. hahahahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home