Tim Peters, D.J.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

It's true....

The word is out.  I am indeed going back on the radio in Wichita.  The station is KFTI-FM at 92.3.  The station is owned by the Journal Broadcast Group.  My good friend Tom Land, who used to be Program Director for KQAM back in the old days and the guy responsible for discovering the comic Sinbad contacted me back in January to see if I had any interest.  I met with my favorite future Program Director Beverlee Brannigan and the deal was done.  Beverlee and I do have in common the fact that we were both fired by Wilks broadcasting, the worst radio company in America.  See, I still calls 'em likes I sees 'em.  She said it was a great move for her and I'm thinking the same for myself.

I'm looking forward to getting back, but there has been some speculation as to the real reason I am returning to the Wichita airwaves.  It turns out AARP has a wonderful chapter there and the senior discounts at Village Inn are incredible.  I am kind of sad that there is no Buck's BBQ anymore.  They had the best beans ever.  It saddens me that Angelo's closed also.  But then again, Tocs is open in case I want to start smoking again without the expense of buying cigarettes.  I wonder if DeFazio's is still there on north Amidon.  The girls at KEYN took me there to celebrate my divorce in 1982.  It was a most memorable night!

I will be on the air for the first time at 5:30 am, Monday March 26th.  I am already missing sleeping in.  We'll have to have a cookout for me and the listeners to get reaquainted, as soon as we have some...listeners that is.  Maybe we'll go bowling or to the wrestling matches.  We'll put it together and let you know.  Seeya on the 26th!  Here by the way, is an article from the Wichita Business Journal.

http://www.bizjournals.com/wichita/stories/2007/03/12/daily9.html

That is all...Peters out!



 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home