Tim Peters, D.J.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Potpourri of thoughts...

I just finished my first air shift back in Wichita on apparently-FM.  Things went well, except not much to talk about.  I did mention that I did not win the office pool  for Anna Nicole Smith.  I chose "natural causes" and obviosly that was not the correct selection.  I think some guy in the news department won with "a drug cocktail overdose complicated with two infections".  That doesn't really seem fair.  My NCAA bracket also went to hell in a handbag.  Kansas forgot they're supposed to make the ball go through the little hole with the net below it.  North Carolina didn't show up for overtime and Wisconsin, what can I say.  The only team I got right was Ohio State for the final four but I didn't pick them to win.

Anyway, I have a conference call at 11.  I feel so...included!  I was also told yesterday that I will also get station clothing including maybe a jacket which I never received at my last job.  All the part timers had jackets, even Chely Wright had a jacket, but apparently they just didn't want to make that big investment in me.  I'm not bitter, but their names are still on my "to do" list, if you know what I mean.

I got to talk to some of the radio station's listeners on my first day.  Judging by the sounds of the callers, there won't be any overdoses, but quite possibly some broken hips.  Tomorrow is another day...

That is all...Peters out!

1 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, Blogger Carleigh said...

:) I am so happy that your first day went well! too bad the music sucks. HA. did you bring that cd player i gave you? you can listen to better music than your listeners hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home