Tim Peters, D.J.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Switch Parties

Another week at Classic Country 92.3 and still no assassination attempts. I suppose that's a good thing. I have had a lot of listeners calling in and remembering some of the good old days. One listener called in and remembered our "switch parties" at KKRD. She said her and her husband went on three with us including the first one to All Star Wrestling. The listeners were treated to a cheezy meal of some sort if I remember correctly, then we went by bus to Century II for the wrestling matches. All of them got their pictures taken with Ric Flair. I think that was before he looked old.

We actually started the switch parties by calling them "LCD" parties which meant lowest common denominator. When I left KEYN, someone commented to the newspaper that I appealed to the lowest common denominator of listeners. We, of course, took that and ran with it. The listeners had a ball with it too. The LCD parties eventually turned into switch parties.

I think we took listeners bowling, to the stock car races and even caroling at Christmas. It was great radio fun. I've even had some of the folks at the KFTI come in and sit and remember the fun stuff we used to do. We hope to do some of that fun stuff on Classic Country 92.3 eventually. Stay tuned.

That is all...Peters out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home