Tim Peters, D.J.

Monday, April 02, 2007

Memory Lane revisited...

Okay, okay...I'm still alive, just a little more tired than usual.  In fact, I think it's about nap time.  But first, some words of wisdom, available somewhere else so you'll have to settle for my words.  I just started week 2 of my return to morning radio in Wichita.  The first week went okay.  I spent most of my time just trying to figure out the systems.  I find myself today, still trying to figure out the systems.

Last week was fun in that I did a little reminiscing around some old haunts.  The first place I visited was the old radio station at 2829 Salina in north Wichita.  All that is left is the ten foot security fence to keep people from dumping bodies there and the old garage.  In the building's place is a tuff shed which I believe holds a transmitter.  The building burned down several years ago.  I have to wonder how many tons of tar they had on that roof?  It still leaked.  But all the Mercedes parked in front of that shack really did class it up.  I also wonder how many skunk carcasses burned from beneath that rat trap.

I also went past the first house I rented at 1027 Verda, just off West street.  It actually looked better than when I lived in it some 20 years ago.  Landscaping does wonders don't you think?  I remember noticing the lady 2 doors down enjoying her pool in her backyard one steamy hot summer afternoon and when I looked closer I found her to be enjoying it without clothes!  I loved that neighborhood!  Alot of great memories in that house.  I haven't gone by the first house I owned yet.  That's the one the neighbor kids enjoyed looking in the basement windows so much.  I wonder if that scarred their little minds any.

I need to get back to figuring out how this stuff works...memory lane is officially closed for the day.

That is all...Peters out!!!

1 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger Carleigh said...

dad...the collage thing at the top is AWESOME! did you do that yourself? you didn't even need my help? good job! i really really like it! love you! miss you! see you later today!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home